I have several jackets left over from the 80’s when we all were wearing oversized jackets with huge shoulder pads. Don’t laugh – I know you wore them too. I don’t have a before pic of the real jacket since I started taking it apart a few years ago in an attempt to completely retailor it. Alas, I don’t have the patience or the skills to do a job like that so I decided that I’d work with what I have. Which by now was an oversized vest. Perfect!
The lining was still hanging on for dear life, so I cut it away. I was pretty sloppy about it because, well because I was lazy.
While playing around with it, trying to figure out how to finish the sleeve I came up with this rolled binding that doesn’t look too tailored. Just the effect I was going for.
Once I hand stitched the binding in place I was done.